Woman's Gotta Have It
Filmed at The Workplay Theater in Birmingham, AL 9-26-09 with Ona Watson.
Song available on Taylor's new album, The Distance.
On sale now! Pick your copy today!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Taylor Hicks, "The Distance" - 6 Samples From Other Artists

I've tried to collect a few of the original versions of 6 of the songs that will be on Taylor's new album. I must say that this album has the makings, and potential, to be one of the greatest albums that I've ever heard (and I've heard a LOT of them over the years). The songs seem very adult in theme, all with a distinct message, a feeling, a raw emotion, a tenderness, and a determination. I'm especially touched by "Indiscriminate Act of Kindness" and "I Live On A Battlefield", both touched me deeply. I can only imagine the genius of the ones Taylor has penned himself. March 10th cannot come fast enough for me. Enjoy!

I Live On A Battlefield - Nick Lowe


Indescriminate Acts Of Kindness - Foy Vance


Woman's Got To Have It - Bobby Womack


Seven Mile Breakdown - Spoonful James w/Taylor Hicks


Nineteen - Tom Hambridge & Jeffrey Steele


Yes We Can - Maria Muldair & Bonnie Riatt

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear Taylors version of these songs. The only one I'm not sure about is the "My Home is a Battlefield"

Marc Broussard has a version of "Yes We Can" on his "S.O.S-Save Our Soul" cd. It it one of my favorites.

I didn't realize so many songs were going to be covers. But I'm sure Taylor will Taylorize them!

Anonymous said...

Okay I mean..I Live On A Battlefield"

Anonymous said...

Taylor's version of "Nineteen" is superior. Not biased.
I'm glad I heard it yesterday and look forward to Taylor releasing it as a single.

Anonymous said...

Okay I know nineteen is probably a great song, but before we go talking about how it should be the next single, let's work towards getting WRIR to the top of the AC chart. Also, let's actually listen to the rest of the music on Taylor's album before we make our mind up that nineteen should be the next single. As good as nineteen may be, there might be some even better songs on his album. I'm personally looking forward to hearing "New Found Freedom". From the opening lyics I've seen, that has the potential to become a classic Taylor Hicks song.