Woman's Gotta Have It
Filmed at The Workplay Theater in Birmingham, AL 9-26-09 with Ona Watson.
Song available on Taylor's new album, The Distance.
On sale now! Pick your copy today!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Taylor Hicks New Album "The Distance" On Sale NOW!!!


Yes, folks, the time we've all been waiting for has finally arrived! It's been a bit over 2 years since his Gold and Platinum Certified post American Idol album, Taylor Hicks, arrived on the scene, and we now roll in the era of the newly independent, AI-free Taylor Hicks. The album entitled "The Distance" is being released on his own label, Modern Whomp Records, and is being produced by powerhouse producer, Simon Climie, who's worked with musical greats such as Eric Clapton, BB King and Michael McDonald. "The Distance" will be available on March 10, but you can now pre-order it below. The track list is as follows -"Wedding Day Blues," "Seven Mile Breakdown," "What's Right is Right," "Hide Nor Hair," "Woman Gotta Have It," "New Found Freedom," "The Distance," "Nineteen," "I Live on a Battlefield," "Yes We Can," "Maybe You Should," "Once Upon a Lover of Mine," "Keepin It Real" and "Indiscriminate Act of Kindness."

Today truly IS the dawning of a new era! Run and get your copy today!


The new single, What's Right is Right will be available for purchase on ITunes and Amazon a week from today - January 27th, 2009.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news, Soulthing. Since I'm not part of the HQ, I have to wait to hear the full version of WRIR. I love the snippet and willl be downloading the new song from iTunes in exactly ONE WEEK!!!

The waiting is the hardest part - Tom Petty

Anonymous said...

I just went on to Taylor HQ and listened to the single, I love it, love it, love it! I then went over to Amazon.com and ordered 2 copies of the cd. Thanks for the info Soulthing.
beaglemom06(Sherry)

Anonymous said...

Here's a link to the single, along with the track listing, anyone can hear it. It's great!

http://www.fanbolt.com/headline/3841/Taylor_Hicks_Premieres_New_Single

Anonymous said...

link to single

http://www.fanbolt.com/headline/3841/Taylor_Hicks_Premieres_New_Single

I do like it, but that came after repeated listens.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, Nicholas. VERY appreciated.
One thing I did notice, the article mentioned 11 new tracks for "The Distance', but 14 titles were listed.

I would love to have 14 NEW Taylor songs! I hope that's the case. Time will tell...

Anonymous said...

wow 14 new songs! I like the single, listened to it on HQ this morning. I'm so excited for Taylor. (and me to have new Taylor music)