Woman's Gotta Have It
Filmed at The Workplay Theater in Birmingham, AL 9-26-09 with Ona Watson.
Song available on Taylor's new album, The Distance.
On sale now! Pick your copy today!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Taylor Hicks - Regaining Control of His Career


As Taylor enters a new chapter in his career with a brand new CD on a brand new label dropping this Fall, a new national and international tour next year, a compilaton CD of his pre-Idol days called "Early Works" (out August 12 - details to come shortly), a DVD of his 2007 concert tour, and presently, the star of *Grease* on Broadway, I thought back on the first time Simon Cowell saw Taylor and said he "should be singing backgrounds - not in the forefront". I only hope he walked on the corner of 47th and 7th Avenue in New York City this summer to see Taylor's 10 story billboard - or better yet - the reactions he's getting from the 100,000 or so theater-goers he'll have played to this summer at the Brooks Atkinson Theater. He recently said in a radio interview that he's happy to have regained control of his career. This "Grease" gig is probably the best career decision he's made yet.

Does this look like someone who should be singing in the background?
I think not!

Video by Skeeter/Candy

And to the jealous haters out there who insist Taylor crawled into a hole 2 years ago, I suspect this crowd outside the Brooks Atkinson Theater on Broadway didn't get the message.

Photo by Wildrosegirl76 (Click for larger version)

Could you just die looking at this heart-stopping picture of this hunk 'o man? GAH!
Photo by Taylorbug (Click for larger version)

And I'll Never Get Tired Of Looking at Taylor's Name Hanging off the Marquee!

7 comments:

JOJOSIE said...

Thanks for posting the video of High School Dropout as this is the first one I've seen of the whole performance. The man can sing. He's more than just a bar singer(karaoke). I love bluesy Taylor but I also like when he belts alittle like when he sang Just Once on AI. I love the many sides of Taylor.

Anonymous said...

Blondebabe says:

I love that photo of Taylor!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, Have you noticed how much better he looks...every stinking time he has his photo taken...he just gets better and better and better...DAMNATION!

ALSO...To that friggin loser that thinks she has a blog...and commented about the appropriate interpretation of your BIG HEADED DAUGHTRY...well, one of my favorite old remarks when somebody makes me mad..."GO SUCK EGGS!"

soulthing said...

Yep, I'm thinking about ways to enhanced my beautiful Daughtry balloon! Maybe a frame? I definitely want more attention to be drawn to it.... if you have any suggestions BB, let me know ;)

jojosie! Your welcome! I always figure everyone's seen it already, but I put it up cuz we get a lot of first timers here! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE TAYLOR!!!
SEXIEST MAN ON THE PLANET!
BEST ENTERTAINER ON THE PLANET!!
DO WHAT YOU DO SOULMAN

Anonymous said...

I can;t wait for the new releases!!
bring it Taylor!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I saw a Google Alert for Daughtryarehot's blog today. For someone that professes their hate for Taylor, she seems to have a lot of blog stories about him. Maybe he is her guilty pleasure? Just puts on a face for her friends?

Thanks again for the great blog... and I'm still looking for my large straight pin for that ballon of yours!!!!

soulthing said...

Thanks Trixi! Just hang out on the good Taylor blogs and don't give ANY hits to the hater (although I suspect she *LOVES* Taylor since she writes about him so much LOL!).

All the news will appear here first when available! Hopefully some will be coming down the pike shortly. In any case, we will have our hands on Early Works in 2 weeks!! WOOOO!