Woman's Gotta Have It
Filmed at The Workplay Theater in Birmingham, AL 9-26-09 with Ona Watson.
Song available on Taylor's new album, The Distance.
On sale now! Pick your copy today!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Monkees Last Episode 40 Years Ago Today

Many of you know I'm a HUGE Monkee fan, so I just want to take a slight interruption in our Taylor Hicks adventures to note that it was 40 years ago today that NBC aired the last original episode of "The Monkees" TV show (they filmed 58 episodes in total). Could it BE THAT LONG??? Holy Cow!! Anyway, that episode was "The Frodis Caper", an episode written and directed by Micky Dolenz, for all you trivia buffs out there. Here's a little Daydream Believer to mark the occasion. Dig the long hair, the hip shirts and the hippy bells. Groovy, man! Ah, those were the days, eh? Good music and Good Vibes all around!

Oh and one more thing - that Davy Jones was sure a cutie, eh?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too was a monkees and(beatles)fan back in the day. That video brought back some memories.
beaglemom06

Anonymous said...

Hey, Hey we're the Monkees, cant stop monkeying around. I can still hear it today. I still remember my Teen Beat? magazine with Davy's pics and all the monkees.

Things were a little simpler and groovier back then. Ahh... the days of crushes...

Anonymous said...

I was sooooo in love with Bobby Sherman. Remember him? I dumped him for Davy though. haha I loved the Monkee's music - it made me happy.

I guess Taylor's music has made me the happiest since those days. That's a good thing.

soulthing said...

I agree. I think I like Taylor's music because it does make me feel good just like the Monkee music used to do 40 years ago. No angst, no crazy stuff, just good songs and good vibes.

Anonymous said...

Geeez, this is making me feel old. I was madly in love with Mickey back then. I still think he has a great voice, and I still love all the songs as much now as I did then.

Anonymous said...

Man I feel old. I could kick myself for throwing away
about a couple hundred Tiger Beat magazines when I got married 30 years ago. AND they were completely intact because I never took the posters out of the middle. DANG. Oh well maybe I didn't make too bad a choice. I AM still married. LOL.

Dee

soulthing said...

Dee Dee Dee!! LOL! How could you throw away your old Tiger Beats?? They are worth about $25 a piece now in good condition. I remember when they were 35 cents. I made a bulk purchase of those teen mags about 10 years ago and have a complete set of "Flip" mags from 1967. Have lots of 16's, Tiger Beats and Fave's as well. I will never part with them - well, I might for a price hahahaha!!