Woman's Gotta Have It
Filmed at The Workplay Theater in Birmingham, AL 9-26-09 with Ona Watson.
Song available on Taylor's new album, The Distance.
On sale now! Pick your copy today!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Taylor Hicks Writing For Next Album


Good news folks! We heard from Taylor this morning and yes there is signs of life! Seems he has his sexy patooty in motion and is writing all kinds of music for his next album. He said for the past 2 weeks he's been in Nashville and Los Angeles and has about 30 songs that he's choosing from. Oh boy, if this doesn't make you salivate, I don't know what will. I'm absolutely convinced that this looooooong wait will be worth it in spades when we hear the final product. Imagine someone with the soulful vibe of Taylor Hicks having creative freedom without the strangle-hold of Clive Davis!? Imagine if he comes up with another song like "Somehow" (a masterpiece in my opinion), a song he penned for his first album "In Your Time". Imagine if it makes Clive rue the day he and Taylor parted ways? Imagine if he makes the critics eat crow? Yum Yum! Ah! A glorious day for the Soul Patrol, eh?

Personally, I don't care how much or how little commercial success this album has, just as long as there's some good soulful and bluesy tunes to groove and swoon with!

Also, he said his goal on the next tour is to make it up to Canada AND to give the West Coast of the U.S. lots of Taylor luv! Wooo! Europe and Asia is not out of the question either depending on how the new album does! Let's cross our fingers!

Go Taylor! We're waiting with baited breath!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is exciting news. We are so anxious, but he needs the time to live with these tunes and choose wisely for this make-or-break project

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure which makes me salivate more the sexy sound of our soul man's voice when he leaves us blogs or the thought of the next cd. I guess I'd have to say the next cd and even more the next tour. Man, I'm missing the concerts. I agree about the song "Somehow" I loved it the first time I heard it.

I don't care a lot about commercial success either, I want enough success that Taylor's music gets out there to ALL of those who would love to hear it and that he can do his national and international tours. Basically I just want him to be able to play his music his way and be creative an free in the process. I want him to have the kind of career that he invisions and that's how I've always thought he wants it, but then I can't speak for him.

Anonymous said...

I guess I DO care if the next album is a commercial success, especially a hit single.

Hopefully "Do I Make You Proud" won't be the only "#1" single for Taylor. ( IMO Taylor probably hopes this as well!!! LOL!!!) Geesh...

Not that I hated DIMYP, but it's just not indicative of what I have come to know as true Taylor music. And it's an AI song.
Let's face it, he can make "The Wheels On The Bus Go 'Round & 'Round" sound soulful and so he did with DIMYP.

Anonymous said...

Soul Thing! Girl! You wrote:

"has his sexy patooty in motion"

Hahahahaha! I love that description! Creates a great visual. Is that the same thing as an onion? Oops can't say that word can we?!

I love this blog.

soulthing said...

Sure you can say "onion"!! This is an equal opportunity blog - all words of Taylor affection is welcome! :) Feel free to use the *thud* as well. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Did he really say the WEST Coast! Hot Damn! Oh man, can't wait for that!

Griz, do you think he's going to release his Whomp at the Warfield DVD right before he releases the new CD?

soulthing said...

Yep, he said "the west coast"! That's includes me! Whoopie!

As far as the DVD, man, I wish I knew! All I know is that I have a copy of the show and it's soooooooooo gooooooood! It will turn even the most snarkiest of Taylor haters around (if they're honest!).

I just hope it's sooner rather than later!

Anonymous said...

I just want to clarify what I meant earlier. I would LOVE to see Taylor have a hit single or several hit singles, and I'm sure he would too, but I don't like to focus on that as much as on the quality of the music and the fact that Taylor gets to do it his way and enjoys it. He has to have a certain amount of commercial success to sell the cd's but when I was thinking commercial success I had in mind getting pimped and pushed to the top like Daughtry or Britney Spears. I don't think Taylor needs to make it on that level to feel content, again I can't speak for Taylor, just my take on it. I hope that made sense. Not trying to offend anyone here.

With that said I can't wait to see Taylor shaking that onion in concert again, and even in a video..that would be cool.

Anonymous said...

Taylor sounds in great spirit. I love the fact he can laugh at himself. "I need to work on my spin moves and free throws" cracked me up.

It sounds like he is excited about his new music.

I agree the Somehow is one of his best songs. I too loved it from the first time I heard it. Actually I was driving home from the very first Taylor concert I attended and I bought the cd at the concert.

Also the new CD of the week he has listed on the THHQ is a great CD. I fell in love with Marc Broussard when they introduced him on Gray Charles. I still miss that sight... but Griz yours is a great replacement!!!

Always great to hear from the soul man!!! Wooooo keep groovin Taylor